WELCOME!!!

Welcome to my blog. My prayer is for you to be inspired to create wonderful heartfelt cards and gifts for your family and friends either from me or from my favorite sites listed. Be INSPIRED to CREATE from the HEART. (((Hugs)))

Thursday, April 19, 2012

Playing with Wax Paper

Hello my friends... I hope you all had a fantabulous day. Last night I played with a technique using wax paper and embossing folders  that I learned from watching Gina K's video Wild About Wax Paper. If you have not tried this you should give it a go...so much fun and the results are amazing. The must haves for this technique are:
  • Wax Paper
  • Die cut / Embossing Machine...I used my old faithful - Original Sizzix
  • Embossing Folder (your choice)...I used a variety of folders from a couple of manufacturers
  • Ink (your choice)...I used a variety of brands and colors
  • White card stock...I used 80lb card stock from my supply
  • Iron...Dry heat ONLY
Step 1: Cut a piece of wax paper to fit your embossing folder
Step 2: Using your embossing machine..emboss the wax paper
Step 3: Layer your embossed wax paper between 2 pieces of white card stock...I cut mycardstock the same size as my wax paper
Step 4: Using your iron lightly press the card stock sandwich with DRY HEAT for approx. 10 sec or so...this causes the wax to adhere to your card stock causing a resist image that will be difficult to see.
Step 5: Apply ink to the side of the card stock that your wax paper was on and watch the embossed image appear like magic. Wipe off excess ink with a dry paper towel

Please refer to Gina's video for details and a better tutorial on this technique here....it really is fun. Here are pictures of what I created last night....I pray you are inspired...enjoy...GOD bless and thank you for visiting me...(((HUGS)))


2 comments:

Melanie said...

wow, you've been busy playing! Thanks for sharing all these samples for inspiration!!

Leta said...

I am so glad you visited Melanie...I have had fun..thank you so very much for visiting..I LOVE your new release..congratulations